GENER8 has been in beta development for around three years now, with hundreds of users testing worldwide. From small set-ups to large scale installations, GENER8 has been put through the paces and its time to bring it forth out of the lab.
What started out as a labour of love has grown into a serious tool for creativity, but it also demands a serious amount of development time and user support. To continue this development & support, GENER8 is now becoming a commercial product.
GENER8 will be available from the online library within MODUL8 and also available for download at this site. There will be two levels of usability: Freeware & Licensed. The Freeware version will come with some restrictions (i.e. disabled saving, locked features etc.)
Since its last beta release, more bugs have been isolated and many features have been improved to give you a more refined product. There are also some new features available.
NEW FEATURES TO EXPECT IN VERSION 1.0
- OSC Support – Trigger clips with OSC.
- Improved GUI features.
- Control Filter module elements with timeline envelopes!
- Clip Manager – A return of the Clip Manager module, now integrated into the Launchpad. Edit your Clip Library and filter Clips with Tags.
- Frame advance buttons – get frame accuracy in the Editor.
- Numerous bug fixes & improved stability.
- This nice new website.
If you can’t wait to play with GENER8 please consider joining the Beta program by adding yourself to the mailing list and I’ll send you a download link for the latest public beta.